- Meet the Reception Team
- Reception Curriculum
- How to help your child
- Year One
- Meet the Year One Team
- Year One Curriculum
- How to help your Year One child
- Year Two
- Year Two Curriculum
- How to help your Year Two child
- Year Three
- How To Help Your Year Three Child
- Year Three Curriculum
- Meet The Team in Year Three
- Year Four
- Meet the Year Four team
- Year Four Curriculum
- How to help your Year Four child
- Year Five
- Meet the Year Five team
- Help your Year Five child
- Year Five Curriculum
- Year Six
- Meet the Year Six team
- Year Six Curriculum
- How to help your Year Six child
How to help your child
There are many things you can do to help your child settle into school life.
Help your child to be independent. Practise:
- putting on coats and doing up fastenings
- putting on shoes and socks
- opening and closing lunch boxes, flasks, yogurt lids etc
- use the toilet independently
- use a knife and fork
Help with learning
- Make reading time at home a special time that you both look forward to.
- Try and look at your child’s phonic book in their reading folder regularly.
- Continue to read bedtime stories, visit the library and sing songs and rhymes.
- Play number games at home and point out numbers while you are out and about.
- Count (forwards and backwards), sing number songs and talk about numbers.
- Count objects eg. potatoes in a bag, coins in a jar, buttons in a box.
Always come and see us if you have any concerns about your child.
Links for helping your child
We have produced a number of PDFs with ideas for helping you to help your child to learn.
- Helping with reading
- Helping your child with maths at home
- Games to play with your child to help learn keywords
- Letter formation ditties
- First 100 keywords
- Reception Keywords
- Year One Keywords
- Star sheet for home achievements
- Presentation from October evening meeting
Online websites to help your child
These are just a few websites we recommend for helping Reception age children: